Monday, August 15, 2011

Does anyone have experience with cats having seizures from anesthesia?

My 11 yr old female cat recently had a routine teeth cleaning where she underwent anesthesia. I have put in a call to my vet to find out which ones they used. She was fine before she went in and fine when she got home. But 2 days later, I came home to find her very lethargic and hiding in the corner of my closet. She has a history of irritable bowel disease so I thought it was related to that and rushed her to the vet. They found nothing wrong with her and gave her some fluids just in case she wouldn't drink water and a vitamin B shot for her lethargy. As soon as we got home (20 mins later) she backed out of her carrier and immediately started seizing. I had never seen her do that before. I rushed her to yet another vet who did blood work and found nothing. 2 vets later, 2 24 hour seizure watches (with no more episodes), blood work, xray and ultrasound were inconclusive. I can't believe this has nothing to do with the anesthesia. Seems far too coincidental.

No comments:

Post a Comment